时间：2016-05-30 14:27:20本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系xuexila888@qq.com 焯杰 我要投稿
astonish的用法2：astonish作“使某人惊讶”解时,用陈述式,主语可为表示人、行为、特性、事件的名词。当以人作主语时, astonish须搭用by或with引起的短语表示导致惊讶的原因; astonish作“某人对某事物感到惊讶”解时,用被动式或系表结构,这时astonish多搭用由at〔by〕引起的短语或不定式短语,也可搭用that引起的从句。
1. I was astonished at the backwardness of our country at the time.
2. "I'll be astonished if I win on Sunday," laughed Lyle.
3. They were astonished to find the driver was a six-year-old boy.
4. "I'm astonished, Benjamin," she mocked.
5. I stared at him, astonished by his stupidity.
6. Chris acted astonished as he examined the note.
7. I was astonished by his stupidity.
8. The news astonished everyone.
9. He was astonished to learn he'd won the competition.
10. She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered his astonished look.
11. I was astonished that he was not an Englishman.
12. The audience was inexpressibly astonished at the brilliant performance.
13. I was astonished to see he got up so early.
14. Her father's sudden death astonished her.
15. He is fine and astonished.