学习啦【英语单词】 编辑：焯杰 发布时间：2016-08-27
英 [smel] 美 [smɛl]
过去式： smelt smelled
1. The savoury smell greeted them as they went through the door.
2. I could smell the honeyed ripeness of melons and peaches.
3. The barn was filled with the sour-sweet smell of fresh dung.
4. However, many customers found the smell of this product distinctly off-putting.
5. Then he sniffed. There was a smell of burning.
6. He knew virtually nothing about music but he could smell a hit.
7. Opening the door, she made a face at the musty smell.
8. A smell of bread drifted from some distant bakery.
9. She could smell the salty tang of the sea.
10. There was a bite in the air, a smell perhaps of snow.
11. There was a smell of damp wood and machine oil.
12. There was a smell of trampled grass and earth.
13. She'd baked some bread which made the air smell sweet.
14. The kitchen was rank with the smell of drying uniforms.
15. The smell of sawdust and glue pervaded the factory.