时间：2015-10-12 15:40:25本文内容及图片来源于读者投稿,如有侵权请联系xuexila888@qq.com 楚欣 我要投稿
gird oneself for
in preparation for
make preparations for
to plan for...
They prepared rice, flour and sundry other items of food for the poor.
He is preparing his speech for the meeting tomorrow.
I was just about to call you.
They are preparing for the presentation of a new musical.
They have made good preparation for the upcoming elections.
The solicitor is preparing a case in the court tomorrow.
The checks and preparations carried out during this activity.
I was just preparing to go to bed when the telephone bell rang.
We must prepare to fight and we must be ready to flee.
1. Good luck is when an opportunity comes along and you're prepared for it. 好运就是当机会来临时，你早已做好了准备。
2. French soldiers squared off with a gunman at a road checkpoint. 在一个公路检查站法国士兵摆开架势，准备迎战一名持枪者。
3. Stewart has developed a tendency to mix it verbally with the opposition. 斯图尔特现在变得只要和别人意见不合，就准备大吵一架。
4. Fraud squad officers had bugged the phone and were ready to pounce. 反诈骗小组的警员们已在电话上安装了窃听器，并随时准备突击。
5. President Castro has warned Cubans to prepare for a profound economic emergency. 卡斯特罗主席已经提醒古巴人民为严重的经济危急状况做准备。
6. He had authorisation from the military command to retaliate. 他得到军事指挥部授权，准备反击。
7. Many students are not adequately prepared for higher education. 许多学生并未做好接受高等教育的充分准备。
8. We encountered the pathetic sight of a family packing up its home. 我们目睹了一家人正在收拾家当准备离开的凄惨景象。
9. The feast was served by his mother and sisters. 这顿美餐是他母亲和他的姐妹们准备的。
10. A minority of officers were prepared to bend the rules. 少数官员准备篡改规则。
11. We are prepared to fight for every inch of territory. 我们时刻准备着为每一寸领土而战。
12. Two leading law firms are to prepare legal actions against tobacco companies. 两家很有名的律师事务所准备向烟草公司提起诉讼。
13. She'd never received the merest hint of any communication from him. 她从未得到他准备沟通的一丁点儿暗示。
14. Now he plans to rev up publicity with a regional media campaign. 现在他准备通过开展地区性的媒体活动加大宣传力度。
15. There is no provision for funding performance-related pay rises. 没有为与业绩挂钩的加薪预作资金准备。
16. Rub the surface of the wood in preparation for the varnish. 打磨木头的表面，为刷清漆做准备。
17. The enemy must be digging themselves in now ready for the attack. 敌人现在一定在挖掩体，准备迎接进攻。
18. He edged closer to the telephone, ready to grab it. 他慢慢挪向电话机，准备抓起听筒。
19. If prepared many hours ahead, the mixture may separate out. 如果提前几个小时就准备好了，混合物可能会分离开。
20. He followed Janice to New York, where she was preparing an exhibition. 他追随贾尼丝到了纽约，她正在那里准备一个展览。