学习啦 > 学习英语 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文欣赏 > 初中英语优秀美文阅读

初中英语优秀美文阅读

时间: 韦彦867 分享

初中英语优秀美文阅读

  在美文这一心理工具内化的过程中可以提高自己的语言水平也对美文主题有了更深刻的认识与理解,完善了其生活信念。下面是学习啦小编带来的初中英语优秀美文,欢迎阅读!

  初中英语优秀美文精选

  Ladys First

  For a long period before the 1960s, women were considered to be the weaker sex,just as Shakespeare said inHamlet:“Frailty, thy name is women.”In contrast, men were regarded the stronger and the dominant sex.In this light man should undertake the duty to adopt a protective attitude toward the so-called weaker sex.This implied that men should help women on and off with their coats, light their cigarettes,open the doors for them to get on and off the wagon, train, bus, etc. Or to enter the houses.

  Have you ever seen the movie “Titanic”? Well, when the ship was sinking,it was the women who had the right to get on the lifeboats first,just because men had the responsibility for taking care of and protectingwomen!This could lead to the conclusion that the custom “Lady First” was developed out of respect in appearance,but in fact it was kind of looking down upon women in nature.

  In the 1960s, women began to challenge this tradition. Just as one lady put it,“Historically, men should walk on the outside of the pavement so as to prevent the lady’s dress from being spoilt by mud splashed by a carriage. Today a man is supposed to walk on the outside side.A man should walk where he wants to. So should a woman.If out of love and respect, he actually wants to take the blows,he should walk on the inside, because that’s where muggers are hiding these days.”This shows that to treat a woman as inferior justbecause she is a female is not only insulting but also out of step with contemporary American culture.Women may go to the restaurants Dutch treat.They may refuse such words as chairman, businessmen, policeman.Instead they prefer chairperson, businessperson, police or cop just to show that they are equal in every respect with males!

  20世纪60年代之前的很长时间里,人们把女性看成是弱者,就像莎士比亚在哈姆雷特中所说:“女性是弱者。”相反,人们把男性看成是强势的一方。从这一点看,男性应该肩负起保护弱者的责任。这就意味着男性应该帮助女性穿外套、脱外套、帮她们点烟、上下车时为她们开车门,或是进入房间时。

  你看过泰坦尼克号这部电影吗?当船在下沉时,都是女性先登山的救生艇,就是因为男性有保护,照顾女性的责任。所以人们认为“女士优先”这一习俗是出自礼貌,但是事实上这是歧视女性的表现。

  20世纪60年代,女性开始挑战这一传统。就像一位女性所说的,“从历史上来讲,男性应该走在人行道的外面,这样可以防止女性的裙子遭到汽车溅出的泥点。当今,男性也应该走在外侧。男性想在哪走就能够在哪里走。女性也一样。如果是出于爱和尊敬,那么他是想挨揍了,他应该走里面,因为抢劫犯最近几天正一直躲在里面。”人们总是看低女性,这不仅很侮辱人,还因为这与现代美国文化不一致。女性在餐馆就餐应该实行AA制。人们不会再说主席先生、商人、警察先生,人们会说主席、商人、警察,目的就是要做到平等。

  初中英语优秀美文阅读

  I am the ocean. I'm water. I'm most of this planet. I shaped it.

  我是海洋。我是水。我覆盖了大部分地球。我创造了它。

  Every stream, every cloud, and every rain drop. It all comes back to me.

  每一条河,每一朵云,每一滴雨,都将回到我的怀抱。

  One way or another, every living thing here needs me.

  不管怎样,地球上所有的生物都需要我。

  I'm the source. I'm what they crawled out of.

  我是源头。所有的生命都来自于我。

  Humans? They're no different.

  人类?他们没有什么不同。

  I don't owe them a thing.

  我不欠他们。

  I give. They take. But I can always take back.

  我付出。他们索取。但是我可以随时收回。

  That's just the way it's always been.

  人们一直都是这样做。

  It's not their planet anyway. Never was. Never will be.

  毕竟这不是他们的星球。以前不是。以后也不会是。

  But humans, they take more than their share.

  但人类,他们贪得无厌。

  They poison me, then they expect me to feed them.

  他们毒死我,竟然还想让我继续养活他们。

  Well it doesn't work that way.

  这怎么可能。

  If humans want to exist in nature with me and off of me, I suggest they listen close. I'm only going to say this once.

  如果人类想在大自然中与我共存,赖我而生,我要他们听仔细,我只说一次。

  If nature isn't kept healthy, humans won't survive.

  如果没有健康的大自然,人类将走向灭亡。

  Simple as that.

  就那么简单。

  Me, I could give a damn, with or without humans.

  至于我,有没有人类都无所谓。

  I'm the ocean. I covered this entire planet once.

  我是海洋。我曾经覆盖过整个地球。

  And I can always cover it again.

  我也可以再一次把它全部覆盖。

  That's all I have to say.

  这就是我要说的。

  初中英语优秀美文学习

  The most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not the way from birth to the end.

  不是生与死的距离

  It is when I sit near you

  而是我站在你面前

  that you don't understand I love you.

  你却不知道我爱你

  The most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not that you're not sure I love you.

  不是我站在你面前你却不知道我爱你

  It is when my love is bewildering the soul

  而是爱到痴迷

  but I cannot speak it out

  却不能说我爱你

  The most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not that I can't say I love you.

  不是我不能说我爱你

  It is after looking into my heart

  而是想你痛彻心脾

  I can't change my love.

  却只能深埋心底

  The most distant way in the world

  世界上最远的距离

  is not that I'm loving you.

  不是我不能说我爱你

  It is in our love

  而是彼此相爱

  we are keeping between the distance.

  却不能够在一起

  The most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not the distance across us.

  不是彼此相爱却不能够在一起

  It is when we're breaking through the way

  而是明知道真爱无敌

  we deny the existance of love.

  却装作毫不在意

  So the most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not in two distant trees.

  不是树与树的距离

  It is the same rooted branches

  而是同根生长的树枝

  can't enjoy the co-existance.

  却无法在风中相依

  So the most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not in the being sepearated branches.

  不是树枝无法相依

  It is in the blinking stars

  而是相互了望的星星

  they can't burn the light.

  却没有交汇的轨迹

  So the most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not the burning stars.

  不是星星之间的轨迹

  It is after the light

  而是纵然轨迹交汇

  they can't be seen from afar.

  却在转瞬间无处寻觅

  So the most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is not the light that is fading away.

  不是瞬间便无处寻觅

  It is the coincidence of us

  而是尚未相遇

  is not supposed for the love.

  便注定无法相聚

  So the most distant way in the world

  世界上最遥远的距离

  is the love between the fish and bird.

  是鱼与飞鸟的距离

  One is flying at the sky,

  一个在天

  the other is looking upon into the sea.

  一个却深潜海底

1484767