英语美文欣赏 位置:首页>学习英语>英语阅读>英语美文欣赏>《新概念一生必读的英语…》正文

新概念一生必读的英语经典美文

学习啦【英语美文欣赏】 编辑:韦彦 发布时间:2016-09-14

  情景美文在思品教学中加以应用,能更有效地实现情感态度价值观目标。下面小编整理了新概念一生必读的英语经典美文,希望大家喜欢!

  新概念一生必读的英语经典美文品析

  孩子眼中的世界

  Children's Eyes

  What kind of world is it my friend that little children see?

  朋友,透过孩子的眼睛他们看到的是怎样的世界

  I wonder if they see God first because they just believe?

  我不知道他们最先看到的,是不是上帝因为他们相信上帝

  Do they see strength in caring eyes who watch them as they play

  在玩耍的时候,他们有没有透过那些关爱的眼里看到力量

  or maybe love through gentle hands that guide them on their way?

  抑或透过轻柔的之间感受到沿途指引他们的爱

  Do you think they dream of future times when they would be a king

  你觉得他们会否梦想未来的时代在那里他们是时代的主宰

  or just enjoy their present life while their friends they sing?

  抑或他们只是享受现在与他们的朋友畅快开怀的生活

  Do they see the acts of kindness done for people who are poor?

  他们明白那些为穷人而行的义举吗

  Is the very best in everyone what they are looking for?

  每个人内里最好的就是他们追寻的吗

  And when the day is over,as they close their eyes to sleep,

  当白天结束当他们合上双眼进入梦乡

  do they look forward to tomorrow with its promises to keep?

  他们会守着承诺希冀明天吗

  If this is what the children see, then it should be no surprise,

  如果这就是孩子们看见的那就没有什么值得惊奇的

  the world would be a better place if we all had children's eyes.

  如果我们都有孩子的眼睛那么,世界将会变得更美好

  经典新概念一生必读的英语经典美文

  An Identity of One's Own

  活出个性

  In the eternal universe,

  在茫茫宇宙间,

  every human being has a one-off chance to live

  每个人都有一次生存的机会,

  his existence is unique and irretrievable,

  都是一个独一无二,不可重复的个体。

  for the mold with which he was made, as Rousseau said,

  正像卢梭说的,属于你的那个特定的模子

  was broken by god immediately afterwards.

  把你造出来后,就被打碎了。

  Fame,wealth and knowledge are merely worldly possessions

  名声,财产,知识只是身外之物,

  that are within the reach of anybody striving for them.

  人人都可求而得之。

  But your experience of and feelings about life are your own

  但没有人能够代替你感受人生。

  and not to be shared

  也没有人可以分享。

  No one can live your life over again after your death.

  你死之后,没有人能够代替你再活一次。

  A full awareness of this will point out to you

  如果你真正意识到这一点,你就会明白

  that the most important thing in your existence

  活在世上,最重要的事情是

  is your distinctive individuality or something special of yours.

  活出你自己的特色和个性来。

  What really counts is not your worldly success

  你的人生是否有意义,衡量的标准不是外在的成功

  but your peculiar insight into the meaning of life

  而是你对人生意义的独特领悟

  and your commitment to it,

  和坚守,

  which add luster to your personality.

  从而使你自己闪放出个性的光华。

  It is not easy to be what one really is.

  真正成为自己不是一件容易的事。

  There is many a person in the world who can be identi- fied as anything

  世上有许多人,你说他们什么都行,

  either his job,his status or his social role

  例如一种职业,一个身份,一个角色,

  that shows no trace about his individuality.

  唯独不是他自己。

  It does do him justice to say that he has no identity of his own,

  那么,说他不是他自己一点儿也没有冤枉他。

  if he doesn't know his own mind

  如果他不知道自己的思想

  and all his things are either arranged by others or done on others' suggestions;

  总是按着别人的意见生活,

  if his life,always occupied by external things,

  总是为外在事务忙碌,

  is completely void of an inner world.

  没有自己的内心生活。

  You won't be able to find anything whatever,

  你在其中已经找不到丝毫东西

  from head to heart, that truly belongs to him.

  真正属于他自己了,从他的头脑到他的心灵。

  He is, indeed, no more than a shadow cast by somebody else

  因为确确实实,他只是别人的一个影子

  or a machine capable of doing business.

  和一台做事的机器罢了。

  关于新概念一生必读的英语经典美文

  Words of Advice at Graduation

  毕业赠言

  Graduates and my fellow students,

  诸位毕业同学:

  You are all leaving you Alma Mater now.

  你们现在要离开母校了。

  I have no gift to present to you all except a piece of advice.

  我没有什么礼物送给你们,只好送你们一句话吧。

  What I would like to advice is that you"Don't give up your study."

  这句话就是"不要放弃了学问"。

  Most of the courses you have taken are partly for your certificate.

  以前的课程也许有一大部分是为了这张文凭,

  You had no choice but to take them. From now on,you may study on your own.

  不得已而选读的。从今以后,你们可以以自己的心愿去研究了。

  I would advise you to work hard at some special field

  建议你们做一种专门的学问,

  when you are still young and vigorous.

  趁着现在年富力强。

  Your youth will be gone and will never come back to you again.

  少年是一去不复返的,

  When you are old,and when your energy is getting poorer,

  等到精力衰退时,

  you will not be able to do as you wish to

  要做学问也来不及了。

  Even though you have to study in order to make a living,

  即使为生存而学,

  studies will never live up to you.

  学问决不会辜负人的。

  Making a living without studying,

  为生存而不求学问,

  you will be shifted out in three or five years.

  三五年之后,你们都会要被先进的少年淘汰掉的。

  At this time when you hope to make it up,you will say it is too late.

  到那时再想做点学问来补救,恐怕已晚了。

  Perhaps you will say"After graduation and entering society

  有人说:"毕业之后进入社会,

  we will meet with an urgent problem,that is,to make a living.

  我们会遇到紧急的问题也就是生存,

  For this we have no time to study. Even though we hope to study,

  哪还有工夫去读书?即使想学习,

  we have no library nor labs,so how can we study further?"

  既没有图书馆,也没有实验室,哪能深入学习?"

  I would like to say that all those who wait to have a library

  我要对你们说:凡是要等到有了图书馆才读书的人,

  will not study further

  他们不会读书,

  even though they have one

  即使有了图书馆。

  and all these who wait to have a lab will not do experiments

  凡是等到有了实验室才做研究的人,他们不会做研究

  even though they have one.

  即使有了实验室。

  When you have a firm resolution and determination to solve a problem,

  你有了决心要解决一个问题,

  you will naturally economize on food and clothing.

  自然会节衣缩食。

  As for time,I should say it's not a problem.

  至于时间,更不成问题。

  You may know that every day Darwin could do an hour work,

  达尔文每天只能有一个小时的工作,

  not much more than that because he was ill for all his life

  由于疾病他不能多工作

  You must have read his achievements.

  你们看看他的成就!

  Every day you spend an hour in reading 10 useful pages,

  每天花1小时看10页有用的书,

  then you will read more than 3,650 pages every year.

  每年可看3,650多页书,

  In 30 years you will have read 110,000 pages.

  30年读11万页书。

  My fellow students, reading 110,000 pages will make you a scholar.

  诸位,11万页的书可以使你成为一个学者了。

  But it will take you an hour to read three kinds of small-sized newspapers

  可是,每天看3种小报

  and it will take you an hour and a half to play four rounds of Mahjian pieces.

  也得费你1小时的工夫;四圈麻将也得费你一个半小时的光阴。

  Reading small-sized newspapers or playing Mahjian pieces,

  看小报呢?打麻将呢?

  or working hard to be a scholar? It's all up to you.

  还是努力做一位学者?全靠你自己选择!

  Henrik Ibsen said,"It is your greatest duty to make yourself out."

  易卜生说:"你的最大责任就是把你这块材料铸成器。"

  Studying is then as tool as casting.

  学问便是铸器的工具。

  Giving up studying will destroy yourself.

  抛弃了学问便是毁了你自己。

  I have to say goodbye to you all.

  我得向诸位道别了。

  Your Alma Mater will open her eyes to see what you will be in 10 years.Goodbye!

  你们的母校会关注10年后的你们。再会了!

本文已影响
网友评论

Copyright © 2006 - 2016 XUEXILA.COM All Rights Reserved

学习啦 版权所有