学习啦>学习英语>英语写作>英语应用写作>

英语阅读优秀文章

时间: 诗盈1200 分享

  提高英语的水平往往可以看一些英语的新闻和阅读,还有英语的电视剧和电影,这样可以很快的提高我们的英语口语,接下来小编给大家带来英语新闻,需要的同学们可以看一看。

  英语课外阅读1

  JANE AUSTEN was wrong. It is not weddings that make the best fiction, but funerals. TaiyeSelasi’s first novel opens with the unexpected death of her hero, Kweku Sai. A brilliantmedical student from Ghana who becomes an exceptional surgeon in Boston, as a young manDr Sai was well on his way to fulfilling the American dream. He graduated top of his class fromJohns Hopkins, earning the admiration of all his peers.

  简奥斯汀错了。造就一部优秀小说的是葬礼,而不是婚礼。Taiye Selasi的处女作以男主角Kweku Sai的离奇死亡作为开场。Kweku Sai,一名来自加纳的优秀医学院学生逐渐成为波士顿出色的外科医生。作为个年轻人,Sai医生的美国梦走地一帆风顺。他毕业于约翰霍普金斯大学,拔尖的成绩让他赢得了所有同辈们的钦佩。

  It takes but a moment, though, for dreams to turn into a nightmare. Called by the presidentof the hospital, Dr Sai operates against his better judgment on 77-year-old Jane “Ginny” Cabot, a Boston “socialite, wife, mother, grandmother and alcoholic” with a ruptured appendix. She never comes round; a weary surgical nurse marks the time of death as 3am. The Cabots, donors to the hospital, waited too long to call an ambulance. They want to blame someone; thebrilliant African surgeon has to be “let go”.

  但不久之后,美梦成噩梦。迫于医院院长的要求,Sai医生只能违背自己对病情的准确判断,给一位阑尾破裂的77岁妇女做手术,这个病人名叫Jane Cabot,是意大利裔波士顿人,她有多重身份,是社交名流,人妻,人母,祖母,还是个酒鬼。但术后她未能醒来。筋疲力尽的外科护士写下死亡时间,凌晨3点。Cabot的家人,医院的赞助者,因为等待救护车耽误了抢救时间,他們認為必須有人為此承擔責任,所以年轻有为的非洲外科医生必须“走人”。

  Unable to face telling his family, Dr Sai dresses each morning in his surgical scrubs andpretends to go to work. Only when his 14-year-old son witnesses him being thrown out of thehospital does he finally crumble. In the dead of night he abandons his family, leaving Fola, hismagnificent Nigerian wife, to raise their four children alone. How each of them faces up to thisordeal is the story of “Ghana Must Go”.

  无颜面对妻子孩子的Sai每天穿上工作服假装去上班。当他14岁的儿子目睹他被赶出医院时,他彻底崩溃了。那晚他抛弃了自己的家庭选择自杀,留下妻子,伟大的Fola,独自抚养四个孩子。他们怎样面对残酷的现实成为Ghana Must Go的故事中心。

  The book takes its title both from a 1983 campaign to evict 2m Ghanaian refugees fromNigeria and the must-have shopping bag that middle-class Ghanaian women use to bring backshopping from abroad. “Ghana Must Go” comes with a bagload of prepublication praise. Foronce, the brouhaha is well deserved. Ms Selasi has an eye for the perfect detail: a baby’stoenails “like dewdrops”, a woman sleeps “like a cocoyam. A thing without senses…unpluggedfrom the world.” As a writer she has a keen sense of the baggage of childhood pain and anunforgettable voice on the page. Miss out on “Ghana Must Go” and you will miss one of the bestnew novels of the season.

  书的名字源于两件事。一件是1983事件,尼日利亚当局驱逐了200万加纳难民;另一件是must-have购物袋,加纳的中产阶级妇女用它在国外购物。还未出版,Ghana Must Go就获得了一致好评。这些褒奖实至名归。Selasi十分注重细节:婴儿的脚趾甲“就像露珠”,熟睡的女人“像个芋头,无法感知,被拔出这个世界。”显然,作为一个作家,她对童年痛楚所造成的精神创伤,无法遗忘的心声都有着敏锐的洞察力。错过GhanaMust Go,你也就错过了年度最佳小说之一。

  英语课外阅读2

  Writing is not easy. I do it everyday.

  写作非常不容易。我每天都在写作。

  And I can tell you, it’s quite a challenge.

  我可以告诉你,这是一个相当大的挑战。

  But, the more I do it, the easier I get to just write.

  但是,我写作的越多,我就越会容易的感觉下笔如有神。

  Sometimes, that’s the most difficult part starting.

  有时候,最困难的部分是开始。

  When people ask me about writing—how they can write—I often suggest they brainstorm first.

  当人们问我关于写作——他们如何写作——我通常建议他们先作头脑风暴。

  Writing the main ideas collected to a topic, usually produces some great things.

  写出收集到一个话题的主要思想,这个话题通常会产生一些伟大的东西。

  If the things get organized, perhaps through an outline,

  如果条理化,也许会产生一份提纲,

  then you can write something really great.

  你就可以写出一些非常棒的东西。

  Most of the writings I do with spontaneous, I just start writing.

  大部分的作品我都是自然而然写出,我才刚开始写作。

  I just stopped and done.

  我只是停下来做而已。

  But I always go over what I wrote at least two times.

  但我总是至少两次重温自己所写的。

  The first time I go over my writing is spell-check the word,

  第一次我检查写作中的词语拼写,

  It’s unacceptable to deliver a piece of writing with misspelling in it.

  我不能接受一篇文章里有拼写差错的问题出现。

  The second time, I actually read what I wrote aloud,

  第二次,我大声读出我所写的,

  and add things that may I missed,

  并添加可能我错过的东西,

  it could be a idea that seems incomplete or something else.

  它可能是一个似乎不完整或别的什么东西。

  If you have the time, it’s good to put your writing down for a little while,

  如果你有时间,最好让你的写作停下来一会儿,

  and read it again later, and to see how you like it.

  再读一遍,看看你有多喜欢它。

  You may have something you wish to add or subtract.

  你可能有一些想增加或者删减的东西。

  If you have a serious paper to write,

  如果你想写些非常严肃的东西,

  and you have completed all of the things I talked about,

  那你一定要按照我刚才谈到的所有的东西去做,

  the best thing to do–before you return your paper–is to have someone to read what you wroteand make comments on it.

  在你回到这篇文章前最好的事情就是有人读你写的东西并发表看法。

  There is no doubt that practice makes perfect.

  毫无疑问,熟能生巧。

  or at least better, so, if you want to be a better writer in Korean or English,

  至少会更好,所以,如果你想成为一位更好的韩语或英语作家,

  I recommend that you write as much as you can.

  我建议你写的越多越好。


英语阅读优秀文章相关文章:

1.优秀英文文章

2.英语阅读短文摘抄 经典英语美文摘抄

3.关于经典英语美文摘抄

4.感人的英语文章

5.英语文章优秀文章

4021311