学习啦【英语优美段落】 编辑：韦彦 发布时间：2016-09-02 15:48:45
1.When asked about the ongoing uproar(骚动) involving U.S. President Bill Clinton , most people say the affair involves a purely private matter . But many other people regard his actions as deplorable(可悲的). I personally think the president committed impeachable(可控告的)offences.
2. When it comes to the increasing use of motor vehicles in Beijing , some people think that use should be limited . Others argue that the opposite is true . There is probably some truth to both arguments，but emission controls must be instituted regardless of the number of vehicles.
3. There is a general debate nowadays about the problem of itinerant(流动)workers . Those who object to the rising migrant population argue that increasing numbers lead to rising crime rates and harm social stability . They believe that strict limits should be placed on migrants entering China ' s cities . But people who favor the influx of the cheap labor force , on the other hand , maintain that migrants are needed to support the massive urban infrastructure(基础设施)construction program .
4. It is widely acknowledged that extensive deforestation contributed to heavy summer flooding . Experts argue that China must introduce a massive afforestation(造林)program . But I doubt whether afforestation alone will solve the problem .
5. Most people are of the opinion that wealth provides solutions to all problems . But in spite of the material benefits wealth provides , I believe one should abandon the pursuit of materialism and instead concentrate on the pursuit of happiness .
6. Many people believe that capital punishment deters(阻止)crime . But although criminologists(犯罪学者)have conducted exhaustive(详尽的)research regarding the subject , little evidence exists to support the claim .
7. An increasing number of people are joining the " Information Age " via the Internet . In reaction to the phenomenon , some say the Internet has removed barriers and provided people with immediate access to the world . But do they raelize that rapidly advancing information technology can also lead to intrusions(侵入)of privacy ?
8. The use of guanxi is a widespread method for conducting business , but is it a wise one ? The method is now being challenged by more and more people .
9. These days we often hear about the widening gap between the rich and poor . Some argue the developed world has totally ignored the problem . But has it ? Close examination fails to bear out(证实)the argument .
10. We ' re often told that the world is tethering on the brink of(濒临)destruction . But is this really the case ?
An advantage of using the solar energy is that it won\’t create (produce) any pollution. 使用太阳能的优点是它不会制造任何污染。
An invisible border divides those arguing for computers in the classroom on the behalf of students’’ career prospects and those arguing for computers in the classroom for broader reasons of radical education reform. 有些人为了学生的就业前景为教室里放置电脑而辩，有些人为教育的彻 底改革中更为广泛的理由为教室里放置电脑而辩，这两群人之间有一条 无形的界线。
As families move away from their stable community, their friends of many years, their extended family relationships, the informal flow of information is cut off, and with it the confidence that information will be available when needed and will be trustworthy and reliable. 随着家庭离开他们原来稳定的社区，离开他们多年的朋友和扩展的家庭关系，非正式的信息流动被切断了，随之而去的是对在需要时能获得可*和值得信赖的信息的信心。
Besides, this is unlikely to produce the needed number of every kind of professional in a country as large as ours and where the economy is spread over so many states and involves so many international corporations. 另外，在我们这么一个大国里，经济延展到这么多的州、涉及到这么多 的国际公司，因而要按照数量培养出所需的各类专业人员是不大可能的 Exceptional children are different in some significant way from others of the same age For these children to develop to their full adult potential, their education must be adapted to those differences. 残疾儿童在许多关键方面都与其同龄人不同。为了让这些孩子发展其全部的成人后的潜能，他们的教育必须适应这些不同。
Helen is the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. 海伦是我所看过最美丽的女孩。
If its message were confined merely to information and that in itself would be difficult if not impossible to achieve, for even a detail such as the choice of the color of a shirt is subtly persuasive-advertising wound be so boring that no one wound pay any attention 如果其信息只被局限于告知一一就广告而言，如果这不是完全不可能达到的，也是非常难做的，因为即便是一个诸如衬衫的颜色的选择这样的细节都会具有微妙的说服意味，那么广告就会如此地乏味以至于没有人会关注它。
If, on the other hand, producing more of a commodity results in reducing its cost, this will tend to increase the supply offered by seller-producers, which in turn will lower the price and permit more consumers to buy the product. 另一方面，如果大量制造某种商品导致其成本下降，那么这就有可能增加卖方和制造商能提供的供给，而这也就会反过来降低价格并允许更多的消 费者购买产品。 It is universally acknowledged that trees are indispensable to us. 全世界都知道树木对我们是不可或缺的。
It serves directly to assist a rapid distribution of goods at reasonable price, thereby establishing a firm home market and so making it possible to provide for export at competitive prices. 它(广告)能够直接帮助货物以比较合理的价格被迅速分销出去，因此可以(使公司)建立一个坚固的国内市场，同时也使以具有竞争力的价格提供出口变得可能。