英语文摘 位置:首页>学习英语>英语阅读>英语文摘>《新概念英语第一册口语…》正文

新概念英语第一册口语练习文章

学习啦【英语文摘】 编辑:韦彦 发布时间:2016-08-27

  英国语言学家L·G·亚历山大不仅在语言学研究方面颇有建树,而且在六十年代末以推出《新概念英语》这套脍炙人口的教材而蜚声世界。下面是学习啦小编带来的新概念英语第一册口语练习文章,欢迎阅读!

  新概念英语第一册口语练习文章1

  $课文111 The most expensive model最昂贵的型号

  Can Mr.Frith buy the television on instalments?How does it work?

  费里斯先生可以用分期付款的方式购买电视机吗?如何操作呢?

  910. I like this television very much.

  我非常喜欢这台电视机。

  911. How much does it cost?

  请问它多少钱?

  912. It's the most expensive model in the shop.

  这是店里最贵的型号。

  913. It costs five hundred pounds.

  它的售价是500英镑。

  914. That's too expensive for us.

  这对我们来说是太贵了。

  915. We can't afford all that money.

  我们花不起那么多钱。

  916. This model's less expensive than that one.

  这种型号比那种要便宜些。

  917. It's only three hundred pounds.

  它只要300英镑。

  918. But, of course, it's not as good as the expensive one.

  但是,它当然没有价钱高那种好。

  919. I don't like the model.

  我不喜欢这种型号。

  920. The other model's more expensive,

  那种型号价格是贵一些,

  921. but it's worth the money.

  但它值得那么多钱。

  922. Can we buy it on instalments?

  我们可以用分期付款的方式购买吗?

  923. Of course. You can pay a deposit of thirty pounds,

  当然可以。您可以先付30英镑定金。

  924. and then fourteen pounds a month for three years.

  然后每月14镑,3年付清。

  925. Do you like it, dear?

  你喜欢吗,亲爱的?

  926. I certainly do,

  我当然喜欢,

  927. but I don't like the price.

  但是我不喜欢这个价钱。

  928. You always want the best,

  你总是要买最好的,

  929. but we can't afford it.

  可我们买不起,

  930. Sometimes you think you're a millionaire!

  有时候你认为自己是个百万富翁!

  931. Millionaires don't buy things on instalments!

  百万富翁是不会分期付款买东西的!

  $课文112 How do they compare?比一比

  $课文113 Small change 零钱

  Who has got some small change?谁有零钱?

  932. Fares, please!

  请买票!

  933. Trafalgar Square,please.

  请买一张到特拉法加广场的票。

  934. I'm sorry, sir. I can't change a ten-pound note.

  对不起,我找不开10英镑的钞票。

  935. Haven't you got any small change?

  您没有零钱吗?

  936. I've got no small change, I'm afraid.

  恐怕我没有零钱。

  937. I'll ask some of the passengers.

  我来问问其他乘客。

  938. Have you any small change, sir?

  先生,您有零钱吗?

  939. I'm sorry. I've got none.

  对不起,我没有。

  940. I haven't got any either.

  我也没有。

  941. Can you change this ten-pound note, madam?

  夫人,您能把这10英镑的钞票换开吗?

  942. I'm afraid I can't.

  恐怕不能。

  943. Neither can I.

  我也不能。

  944. I'm very sorry, sir.

  非常抱歉,先生。

  945. You must get off the bus.

  您必须下车。

  946. None of our passengers can change this note.

  我们的乘客中没人能换开这张钞票。

  947. They're all millionaires!

  他们都是百万富翁!

  948. Except us.

  我们俩除外。

  949. I've got some small change.

  我有零钱。

  950. So have I.

  我也有。

  $课文114 I've got none我没有

  $课文115 Knock,Knock!敲敲门!

  What does Jim have to drink?

  吉姆只能喝什么饮料?

  951. Isn't there anyone at home?

  家里没有人吗?

  952. I'll knock again, Helen.

  海伦,我再敲一次。

  953. Everything's very quiet.

  毫无动静,

  954. I'm sure there's no one at home.

  肯定家里没有人。

  955. But that's impossible.

  但这是不可能的。

  956. Carol and Tom invited us to lunch.

  卡罗尔和汤姆请我们来吃午饭。

  957. Look through the window.

  从窗子往里看看。

  958. Can you see anything?

  你能看见什么吗?

  959. Nothing at all.

  什么也看不见。

  960. Let's try the back door.

  让我们到后门去试试。

  961. Look! Everyone's in the garden.

  瞧!大家都在花园里。

  962. Hello, Helen. Hello, Jim.

  你好,海伦。你好,吉姆。

  963. Everybody wants to have lunch in the garden.

  大家都想在花园里吃午饭。

  964. It's nice and warm out here.

  这外面挺暖和。

  965. Come and have something to drink.

  来喝点什么。

  966. Thanks, Carol.

  谢谢,卡罗尔。

  967. May I have a glass of beer please?

  给我一杯啤酒好吗?

  968. Beer?

  啤酒?

  969. There's none left.

  一点都不剩了。

  970. You can have some lemonade.

  你可以喝点柠檬水。

  971. Lemonade!

  柠檬水!

  972. Don't believe her, Jim.She's only joking.

  吉姆,别信她的。

  973. Have some beer!

  喝点啤酒吧!

  $课文116 Every,No,any and some每一,无、若干和一些

  $课文117 Tommy's breakfast汤米的早餐

  What does she mean by 'change'in the last sentence?

  最后一句话中的“change”是什么意思?

  974. When my husband was going into the dining room this morning,

  今天早晨我丈夫走进饭厅时,

  975. he dropped some coins on the floor.

  把一些硬币掉在地上了。

  976. There were coins everywhere.

  到处都是硬币。

  977. We looked for them, but we could not find them all.

  我们虽然找了,但没有把它们全部找到。

  978. While we were having breakfast, our little boy, Tommy, found two small coins on the floor.

  正当我们吃早饭时,我们的小男孩汤米在地上找到两枚小硬币。

  979. He put them both into his mouth.

  他把这两枚硬币全都放进嘴里。

  980. We both tried to get the coins, but it was too late.

  我们俩都试图把这两枚硬币拿出来,但太迟了。

  981. Tommy had already swallowed them!

  汤米已经把硬币咽了下去!

  982. Later that morning, when I was doing the housework, My husband phoned me from the office.

  那天下午的晚些时候,当我正做家务时,我丈夫从办公室打来电话。

  983. 'How's Tommy?' he asked.

  “汤米怎么样?”他问。

  984. 'I don't know,' I answered,

  “我不知道”,我回答说,

  985. 'Tommy's been to the toilet three times this morning,

  “今天上午汤米去了3次厕所了,

  986. but I haven't had any change yet!'

  但我还没看到硬币!”

  $课文118 What were you doing?你那时正在做什么?

  $课文119 A true story一个真实的故事

  Who called out to the thieves in the dark?

  谁在暗处对窃贼喊了一声?

  987. Do you like stories?

  你喜欢听故事吗?

  988. I want to tell you a true story.

  我要告诉你一个真实的故事。

  989. It happened to a friend of mine a year ago.

  这是一年前发生在我的一个朋友身上的故事。

  990. While my friend, George, was reading in bed, two thieves climbed into his kitchen.

  当我的朋友乔治在床上看书时,两个小偷爬进了他的厨房。

  991. After they had entered the house, they went into the dining room.

  他们进到屋里后,走进了饭厅。

  992. It was very dark, so they turned on a torch.

  饭厅很暗,于是他们打开了手电筒。

  993. Suddenly, they heard a voice behind them.

  突然他们听到身后有声音。

  'What 's up?What 's up?'Someone called.

  “什么事?什么事?”有人叫着。

  994. The thieves dropped the torch and ran away as quickly as they could.

  小偷扔下了手电筒,飞快地逃走了。

  995. George heard the noise and came downstairs quickly.

  乔治听到了响声,迅速地下了楼。

  996. He turned on the light, but he couldn't see anyone.

  他开了灯,但不见一个人。

  997. The thieves had already gone.

  小偷逃走了。

  998. But George's parrot, Henry, was still there.

  但时乔治的鹦鹉亨利仍在那里。

  'What 's up,George?'he called.

  “什么事,乔治?”它叫着

  999. 'Nothing, Henry,' George said and smiled.

  “没事,亨利。”乔治笑着说,

  1000. 'Go back to sleep.'

  “接着睡觉吧。”

  新概念英语第一册口语练习文章2

  $课文120 It had already happened事情已经发生了。

  $课文121 The man in a hat 戴帽子的男士

  Why didn't Caroline recognize the customer straight away?

  为什么卡罗琳没有马上认出那们顾客?

  1001. I bought two expensive dictionaries here half and hour ago,

  半小时以前我在这里买了两本很贵的辞典,

  1002. but I forgot to take them with me.

  但是我忘了拿走。

  1003. Who served you, sir?

  是谁接待您的,先生?

  1004. The lady who is standing behind the counter.

  站在柜台后面的那位女士。

  1005. Which books did you buy?

  您买的是两本什么书?

  1006. The books which are on the counter.

  就是柜台上的那两本。

  1007. Did you serve this gentleman half an hour ago, Caroline?

  卡罗琳,半小时前你接待过这位先生吗?

  1008. He says he's the man who bought these books.

  nbsp; 他说他就是买这两本书的人。

  1009. I can't remember.

  我记不起来了。

  1010. The man who I served was wearing a hat.

  我接待的那个人戴着一顶帽子。

  1011. Have you got a hat, sir? Yes, I have.

  先生,您有帽子吗?有的,我有帽子。

  1012. Would you put it on, please? All right.

  请您把帽子戴上好吗?好吧。

  1013. Is this the man that you served, Caroline?

  卡罗琳,这就是你接待过的那个人吗?

  1014. Yes.I recognize him now.

  是他。我现在认出他来了。

  $课文122 Who(Whom),Which and that关系代词

  $课文123 A trip to Australia澳大利亚之行

  Who is the man with the beard?那个长着络腮胡子的人是谁?

  1015. Look, Scott.

  看,

  1016. This is a photograph I took during my trip to Australia.

  这是我到澳大利来旅行时拍的一张照片。

  1017. Let me see it, Mike.

  让我看看,迈克。

  1018. This is a good photograph.

  这是一张很好的照片。

  1019. Who are these people?

  这些人是谁。

  1020. They're people I met during the trip.

  他们是我旅行时认识的人。

  1021. That's the ship we travelled on.

  这是我们所乘的那条船。

  1022. What a beautiful ship!

  多漂亮的船啊!

  1023. Who's this?

  这是谁?

  1024. That's the man I told you about.

  这就是我跟你说过的那个人。

  1025. Remember?

  还记得吗?

  1026. Ah yes.

  啊,记得。

  1027. The one who offered you a job in Australia. That's right.

  就是在澳大利亚给你工作的那个人。对。

  1028. Who's this?

  这是谁?

  1029. Guess!

  你猜!

  1030. It's not you, is it? That's right.

  这不是你,对吗?不,是我。

  1031. I grew a beard during the trip.

  我在旅行时留了胡子,

  1032. but I shaved it off when I came home.

  但我回到家时就把它刮了。

  1033. Why did you shave it off?

  你为什么把它刮了?

  1034. My wife didn't like it!

  我妻子不喜欢!

  $课文124(who)/(whom),(which)and(that)关系代词

  $课文125 Tea for two两个人一起喝茶

  Does Susan have tea by herself?苏珊是一个人喝茶吗?

  1035. Can't you come in and have tea now, Peter?

  彼得,你现在能进来喝茶吗?

  1036. Not yet.

  还不能。

  1037. I must water the garden first.

  我得先给花园浇水。

  1038. Do you have to water it now?

  你一定得现在浇吗?

  1039. I'm afraid I must.

  恐怕我得现在浇。

  1040. Look at it!

  你看看,

  1041. It's terribly dry.

  干得厉害。

  1042. What a nuisance!

  真讨厌!

  1043. Last summer it was very dry, too.

  去年夏天也是干得很。

  1044. Don't you remember?

  你记得了吗?

  1045. I had to water it every day.

  我不得不每天浇水。

  1046. Well, I'll have tea by myself.

  好吧,我一个喝茶了。

  1047. That was quick!

  好快啊!

  1048. Have you finished already?

  你已经浇完了?

  1049. Yes. Look out of the window.

  是的。你看看窗外。

  1050. It's raining!

  下雨了,

  1051. That means You don't need to water the garden.

  这就是就是说,你不必给花园浇水了。

  1052. That was a pleasant surprise.

  这是意想不能的好事。

  1053. It means I can have tea, instead.

  这意味着我反倒可以喝茶了。

  $课文126 Have to and to not need to不得不和不必要

  $课文127 A famous actress著名的女演员

  Who is only twenty-nine,and why is it so unclear?

  谁只有29岁?为什么这件事如此含糊不清?

  1054. Can you recognize that woman,Liz?

  莉兹,你能认出那个女人吗?

  1055. I think I can, Kate.

  我想我认得出来,凯特。

  1056. It must be Karen Marsh,the actress.

  那一定是女演员卡.马会。

  1057. I thought so.

  我也这样想。

  1058. Who's that beside her?

  她旁边的那个人是谁?

  1059. That must be Conrad Reeves.

  一定是康拉德.里弗斯。

  1060. Conrad Reeves, the actor?

  康拉德.里弗斯,那个男演员吗?

  1061. It can't be.

  不可能是。

  1062. Let me have another look.

  让我再看一看。

  1063. I think you're right!

  我想你是对的。

  1064. Isn't he her third husband?

  他不是她的第3个丈夫吗?

  1065. No. He must be her fourth or fifth.

  不,他一定是她的第4个或第5个丈夫。

  1066. Doesn't Karen Marsh look old!

  卡伦看上去不显老嘛!

  1067. She does, doesn't she!

  是的,谁说不是呢!

  1068. I read she's twenty-nine,

  我从报上看到她是29岁,

  1069. but she must be at least forty.

  但她一定至少有40岁了。

  1070. I'm sure she is.

  我肯定她有40岁了。

  1071. She was a famous actress When I was still at school.

  当我还是学生时,她就是个著名的演员了。

  1072. That was a long time ago, wasn't it?

  那是好久以前的事了。是吗?

  1073. Not that long ago!

  不,没有那么久。

  1074. I'm not more than twenty-nine myself.

  我自己现在还没29岁呢。

  $课文128 He can't be……他不可能……

  He must be……他肯定是……

  $课文129 Seventy miles an hour时速70英里

  What does Ann advise her husband to do next time?

  安建议她的丈夫下次做什么?

  1075. Look, Gary!

  瞧,加里!

  1076. That policeman's waving to you.

  那个警察正朝你挥手呢。

  1077. He wants you to stop.

  他要你停下来。

  1078. Where do you think you are?

  你认为你现在是在哪儿?

  1079. On a race track?

  在赛车道上吗?

  1080. You must have been driving at seventy miles an hour.

  你刚才一定是以每小时70英里的速度开车。

  1081. I can't have been.

  我不会开得那么快的。

  1082. I was doing eighty when I overtook you.

  我是以第小时80英里的速度赶上你的。

  1083. Didn't you see the speed limit?

  难道你没看见限速牌吗?

  1084. I'm afraid I didn't, officer.

  恐怕我没有看见,警官。

  1085. I must have been dreaming.

  我一定思想开小差了。

  1086. He wasn't dreaming, officer.

  警官,他思想没有开小差。

  1087. I was telling him to drive slowly.

  我刚才正告诉他开慢点。

  1088. That's why I didn't see the sign.

  所以我才没看见那牌子。

  1089. Let me see your driving licence.

  让我看一看你的驾驶执照。

  1090. I won't charge you this time.

  这次我就不罚你款了。

  1091. But you'd better not do it again!

  但你最好不要再开得这样快。

  1092. Thank you. I'll certainly be more careful.

  谢谢您。我以后一定会多加注意。

  1093. I told you to drive slowly, Gary.

  加里,我刚才叫你开慢点吧。

  1094. You always tell me to drive slowly, darling.

  你总是叫我开慢点,亲爱的。

  1095. Well, next time you'd better take my advice!

  好啦,下次你最好还是听从我的劝告!

  $课文130 He can't have been……他那时不可能……

  He must have been……他那时肯定是……

  新概念英语第一册口语练习文章3

  $课文131 Don't be so sure!别那么肯定!

  What's the problem about deciding on a holiday?

  决定如何度假有什么为难的地方?

  1096. Where are you going to spend your holidays this year,Gary?

  加里,今年你们打算去哪里度假?

  1097. We may go abroad.

  我们可能到国外去,

  1098. I'm not sure.

  但我不敢肯定。

  1099. My wife wants to go to Egypt.

  我妻子想到埃及去,

  1100. I'd like to go there, too.

  我也想去那儿。

  1101. We can't make up our minds.

  我们还拿不定主意。

  1102. Will you travel by sea or air?

  你们乘船去,还是乘飞机去?

  1103. We may travel by sea.

  我们可能乘船去。

  1104. It's cheaper, isn't it?

  这更便宜些,是吗?

  1105. It may be cheaper.

  可能是便宜些,

  1106. but it takes a long time.

  但花的时间长。

  1107. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

  我肯定你们一定会玩得很痛快。

  1108. Don't be so sure.

  别那么肯定。

  1109. We might not go anywhere.

  我们可能哪里也去不成。

  1110. My wife always worries too much.

  我妻子总是担心那的。

  1111. Who's going to look after the dog?

  谁来照看狗啦,

  1112. Who's going to look after the house?

  谁来看管房子啦,

  1113. Who's going to look after the garden?

  谁来照料花园啦,

  1114. We have this problem every year.

  我们每年都碰到这类问题。

  1115. in the end, we stay at home and look after everything!

  末了,我们呆在家里来照看一切。

  $课文132 He may be……他可能是……

  He may have been……他可能已经……

  I'm not surt.我不敢肯定

  $课文133 Sensational news!爆炸性新闻!

  What reasons did Karen Marsh give for wanting to retire?

  卡伦.马什说她为什么想要退休?

  1116. Have you just made a new film, Miss Marsh? Yes, I have.

  您刚拍完一部新电影吗,马什小姐?是的,我刚拍完。

  1117. Are you going to make a another? No, I'm not.

  您准备再拍一部吗?不,我不准备拍了。

  1118. I'm going to retire.

  我准备退休了。

  1119. I feel very tired.

  我感觉累得很。

  1120. I don't want to make another film for a long time.

  我早就不想再拍片子了。

  1121. Let's buy a newspaper, Liz.

  我们买份报纸吧。莉兹。

  1122. Listen to this! Karen Marsh. Sensational News!By our reporter,Alan Jones.

  “卡伦.马什:爆炸性新闻!由本报记者艾伦.琼斯报导。

  1123. Karen Marsh arrived at London Airport today.

  卡伦.马什今天到达伦敦机场。

  1124. She was wearing a blue dress and a mink coat.

  她穿着一身蓝色的套装和一件貂皮大衣。

  1125. She told me she had just made a new film.

  她告诉我她刚拍完一部新片子。

  1126. she said she was not going to make another.

  她不准备再拍电影了。

  1127. She said she was going to retire.

  她说她准备退休。

  1128. She told reporters she felt very tired and didn't want to make another film for a long time.

  她告诉记者她感到很疲劳,早就不想再拍电影了。

  1129. I wonder why!

  我很想知道为什么。

  $课文134 He said(that)he……他曾说他……

  He told me(that)he……他曾告诉我说他……

  $课文135 The latest report最新消息

  Is Karen Marsh going to retire,do you think?

  你认为卡伦.马什会退休吗?

  1130. Are you really going to retire, miss Marsh?

  马什小姐,您真的准备退休吗?

  1131. I may.

  有可能退。

  1132. I can't make up my mind.

  我还拿不定主意。

  1133. I will have to ask my future husband.

  我得问一下我的未婚夫。

  1134. He won't let me make another film.

  他不会再让我拍电影了。

  1135. Your future husband, Miss Marsh?

  您的未婚夫,马什小姐?

  1136. Yes. Let me introduce him to you.

  是的,让我把他给你们介绍一下。

  1137. His name is Carlos.

  他叫卡洛斯。

  1138. We're going to get married next week.

  下星期我们就要结婚了。

  1139. Look, Liz!

  看啊,莉兹!

  1140. Here's another report about Karen Marsh.

  这又有一篇关于卡伦.马会的报道。

  1141. Listen:'Karen Marsh: The latest.

  你听,“卡伦.最新消息。

  1142. At her London Hotel today Miss Marsh told reporters she might retire.

  今天在伦敦旅馆,马什小姐告诉记者她可能要退休。

  1143. She said she couldn't make up her mind.

  她说她还拿不定主意。

  1144. She said she would have to ask her future husband.

  她说她得问问她的未婚夫。

  1145. She said her future husband would not let her make another film.

  她说她的未婚夫不会再让她拍电影。

  1146. Then she introduced us to Carlos and told us they would get married next week'.

  然后她把我们介绍给卡洛斯,并告诉我们说他们下星期结婚。”

  1147. That's sensational news,isn't it, Kate?

  凯特,这真是条轰动的消息,是不是?

  1148. It certainly is.

  当然啦。

  1149. He'll be her sixth husband!

  他将是她的第6个丈夫!

  $课文136 He said(that)he……他(曾)说他……

  He told me (that)he……他(曾)告诉我说他……

  $课文137 A pleasant dream美好的梦

  What would Julie like to do ,if she had the money?

  她果朱莉有那笔钱,她想做什么呢?

  1150. Are you doing the football pools, Brain?

  布赖恩,你正在下足球赛的赌注吗?

  1151. Yes, I've nearly finished, Julie.

  是的。我这就做完了。朱莉。

  1152. I'm sure we'll win something this week.

  我敢肯定这星期我们会赢一点的。

  1153. You always say that, but we never win anything!

  你老是那样说,但是我们从来没赢过!

  1154. What will you do if you win a lot of money?

  要是你赢了许多钱,你打算做什么呢?

  1155. If I win a lot of money I'll buy you a mink coat.

  要是我赢了许多钱,我给你买件貂皮大衣。

  1156. I don't want a mink coat!

  我不要貂皮大衣。

  1157. I want to see the world.

  我要去见风世面。

  1158. All right. If we win a lot of money,

  好吧。要是我们赢了很多钱,

  1159. We'll travel round the world and we'll stay at the best hotels.

  我们就去周游世界,并且往最好的旅馆。

  1160. Then we'll return home and buy a big house in the country.

  然后我们返回家园,在乡下买幢大房子。

  1161. We'll have a beautiful garden and ...

  我们将有一个漂亮的花园和……

  1162. But if we spend all that money we'll be poor again.

  但是如果我们把所有钱都花光了,我们又会变穷的。

  1163. What'll we do then?

  那时我们怎么办呢?

  1164. If we spend all the money we'll try and win the football pools again.

  如果我们花光了所有钱,我们设法在足球赛赌注上再赢一次。

  1165. It's a pleasant dream but everything depends on 'if'!

  这是个美好的梦,但一切都取决于“如果”!

  $课文138 if……如果……

  $课文139 Is that you,John?是你吗,约翰?

  Which John Smith does Graham Turner think he is talking to?

  格雷厄姆。特纳以为他在和哪能一个约翰.史密斯通话?

  1166. Is that you, John?

  是你吗,约翰?

  1167. Yes, speaking.

  是我,请讲。

  1168. Tell Mary we'll be late for dinner this evening.

  你告诉玛丽,今晚吃饭将晚到一会儿。

  1169. I'm afraid I don't understand.

  恐怕我还不明白您的意思。

  1170. Hasn't Mary told you?

  玛丽没有告诉你吗?

  1171. She invited Charlotte and me to dinner this evening.

  她邀请我和夏洛特今晚去吃饭。

  1172. I said I would be at your house at six o'clock,

  我说过我6点到你家,

  1173. but the boss want me to do some extra work.

  但老板要我加班。

  1174. I'll have to stay at the office.

  我不得不留在办公室,

  1175. I don't know when I'll finish.

  不知道什么时候才能结束。

  1176. Oh, and by the way, my wife wants to know if Mary needs any help.

  喔,顺便问一问,我妻子想知道玛丽是否需要帮忙。

  1177. I don't know what you're talking about.

  我不知道您在说些什么。

  1178. That is John Smith, isn't it?

  你是约翰.史密斯,对吗?

  1179. Yes, I'm John Smith.

  是的,我是约翰.史密斯。

  1180. You are John Smith,the engineer,aren't you? That's right.

  你是工程师约翰.史密斯,对吗?对。

  1181. You work for the Overseas Engineering Company, don't you? No, I don't.

  你在海外工程公司上班,是吗?不,不是。

  1182. I'm John Smith the telephone engineer

  我是电话工程师约翰.史密斯,

  1183. and I'm repairing your telephone line.

  我正在修理您的电话线。

  $课文140 He wants to know if /why/what /when

  他想知道是否/为什么/什么/什么时候

  $课文141 Sally's first train ride萨莉第一交乘火车旅行

  Why was the mother embarrasseed?为什么母亲感到很尴尬。

  1184. Last week, my four-year-old daughter, Sally, was invited to a children's party.

  上周,我4岁的女儿萨莉被邀请去参加一个儿童聚会。

  1185. I decided to take her by train.

  我决定带她乘火车去。

  1186. Sally was very excited because she had never travelled on a train before.

  萨莉非常激动,因为她从未乘过火车。

  1187. She sat near the window and asked questions about everything she saw.

  她靠车窗坐着,对她所看到的一切都要问个明白。

  1188. Suddenly, a middle-aged lady got on the train and sat opposite Sally.

  突然,一个中年妇女上了火车,坐在萨莉的对面。

  1189. 'Hello, little girl,' she said.

  “你好,小姑娘,”她说。

  1190. Sally did not answer, but looked at her curiously.

  萨莉没回答,却好奇地看着她。

  1191. The lady was dressed in a blue coat and a large, funny hat.

  那位妇女穿着一件蓝色的大衣,戴着一顶大而滑稽的帽子。

  1192. After the train had left the station, the lady opened her handbag and took out her power compact.

  火车开出车站后,那位妇女找开了手提包,拿出了粉盒。

  1193. She then began to make up her face.

  然后她开始打扮起来。

  1194. 'Why are you doing that?' Sally asked.

  “你为什么要那样做呢?”萨莉问。

  1195. 'To make myself beautiful,' the lady answered.

  “为了把自己打扮漂亮啊,”

  1196. She put away her compact and smiled kindly.

  那位妇女答道。她放好了粉盒,慈祥地微笑着。

  1197. 'But you are still ugly,' Sally said.

  “可是你仍然难看呀,”萨莉说。

  1198. Sally was amused, but I was very embarrassed!

  萨莉感到很有趣,而我却很尴尬。

  $课文142 Someone invited Sally to a party有人邀请萨莉出席一个聚会

  Sally was invited to a party.萨莉应邀出席一个聚会

  $课文143 A walk through the woods林中散步

  What was so funny about the words on the sign?

  牌子上的字有什么可笑的地方?

  1199. I live in a very old town which is surrounded by beautiful woods.

  我住在一个由美丽的树林环绕的古老的小镇上。

  1200. It is a famous beauty spot.

  这是一个著名的风景胜地。

  1201. On Sundays, hundreds of people come from the city to see our town and to walk through the woods.

  每适星期天,有许许多人从城里来观赏我们的小镇,并在树林中散步。

  1202. Visitors have been asked to keep the woods clean and tidy.

  游客已被告知要保持树林的整洁。

  1203. Litter baskets have been placed under the trees,

  树下都已设置了废物筐,

  1204. but people still throw their rubbish everywhere.

  但是人们仍到处扔垃圾。

  1205. Last Wednesday, I went for a walk in the woods.

  上星期三我到树林里去散步。

  1206. What I saw made me very sad.

  我所见到的一切使我非常难过。

  1207. I counted seven old cars and three old refrigerators.

  我数了一下,有7辆旧汽车和3上旧冰箱。

  1208. The litter baskets were empty

  废物筐是空的,

  1209. and the ground was covered with pieces of paper, cigarette ends, old tyres, empty bottles and rusty tins.

  而满地都是纸片、烟头、旧轮胎,空瓶子和生锈的空罐头盒。

  1210. Among the rubbish, I found a sign which said,

  在垃圾堆中我发现了一块牌子,上面写着:

  1211. 'Anyone who leaves litter in these woods will be prosecuted!'

  “凡在此树林里丢弃垃圾者,将依法处置。

  $课文144 He hasn't been served yet.还没有人来招待他

  He will be served soon.很快会有人来招待他的。

本文已影响
网友评论

Copyright © 2006 - 2016 XUEXILA.COM All Rights Reserved

学习啦 版权所有