学习啦 > 学习英语 > 专业英语 > 金融英语 > 金融英语经典情景对话

金融英语经典情景对话

时间: 焯杰674 分享

金融英语经典情景对话

  下面学习啦小编为大家带来金融英语经典情景对话,欢迎大家学习!

  经典情景对话:票据交换所

  Bill Hobson is asking his banker about the local Clearing House Association in their city.

  比尔·霍布森正向他的银行从业者打听有关他们城里的地方票据交换所的情况。

  Hobson:What is meant by the term Clearing House Association ?

  霍布森:票据交换是什么意思?

  Banker:It's a voluntary association of the banks in the city which settles interbank debts .

  职员:它是城市中各银行自愿结合的组织,用来清理银行之间互相欠款的问题。

  During a business day we accept checks drawn on other banks and other banks accept checks drawn on us.

  在营业期间,我们接受从其他银行开来的支票,而其他的银行也接受我的开出的支票,

  We balance these interbank obligations through the clearing house .

  我们通过票据交换所来平衡这些银行之间的债务。

  H:What about the actual checks that you get which are drawn on other banks?

  霍布森:你们接受从其他银行开出的支票的实际意义是什么呢?

  B;Of course ,we must give these checks to drawee bank to collect the funds they owe us .

  职员:当然,我们必须把这些支票交给票据付款行,并且收回他们欠我们的资金。

  And they give us checks drawn ourselves to collect the funds we owe them .

  同样,他们把我们开出的支票交还给我们,也收回我们欠他们的资金。

  H:So the clearing house handles all this ?

  职员:因此,票据交换所就是办理这些事情的。

  B:Yes,they separate all the checks according to drawee bank ,

  职员:是的,他们按照票据付款行区分开所有的支票,

  add the total each bank owes and deduct that from the balance maintained at the clearing house .

  把每个银行对其他行的欠款额加总,再从各银行保留在标据交换所的余额中减去其欠款总额。

  And ,of course,they add to the balance the amount each bank is owed.

  当然,还要把其他银行对这个银行的欠款加到余额中去。

  Then they deliver the actual checks to each drawee bank .

  然后,票据交换所把这些实际的支票交给每个标据付款行。

  H:What about checks drawn on banks outside the city ?

  霍布森:那么,从外地银行开出的支票又如何处理呢?

  B:The clearing house sends those checks to the Federal Reserve Bank's collection and clearing service .

  职员:票据交换所把这些支票寄给联邦储蓄银行的托收和票据交换业务部门,

  That operates just like a local clearing house ,but deals with out-of-town or out-of-state banks .

  这个部门的业务与地方票据交换所的业务性质是一样的,但是它是与处地或外州的银行进行业务往来。

  So between the local and Federal Reserve clearing houses,checks drawn on any bank in the country can be easily processed .

  因此,在地方和联邦票据交换所之间,国内任何银行开出的支票都能很容易地得到处理。

  经典情景对话:汇票贴现

  A bank clerk receives a telephone call from a businessman inquiring about discounting a bill of exchange.

  银行职员接到了一个商人打来的电话,询问有关汇票贴现的事情。

  Clerk:First National Bank.May I help you ?

  职员:这里是第一国民银行,我可以为您做什么?

  Businessman:Yes,please,I'd like to get some information about discounting a bill of exchange .

  商人:是的,我想了解一些有关汇票贴现方面的情况,

  Do you do that?

  你们银行有这项业务吗?

  C:Yes ,sir .We can handle the discounting of bills of exchange if they meet certain criteria.

  职员:是的,先生。我们能够办理汇票贴现,只要这些汇票是合乎一定标准的。

  Can you tell what kind of a bill you have?

  您能否告诉我,您持有的是哪一种汇票吗?

  B:Yes,it's a ninety-day bill for ,750.00.It matures about two months from now.

  商人:可以的。我有一张90天的面值为6,750美元的汇票,从现在起还有两个月到期。

  I didn't think we'd have to discount it ,but I need the working capital right now.

  我本身并不是很情愿地想贴现这张汇票,但是我眼下急需流动资金。

  How do I discount it ?

  您说,这怎样才能把这张汇票贴现呢?

  C:Well ,we can discount certain trade and commercial bills and certain trade acceptances in addition to most bankers acceptances .

  职员:噢,除了大多数银行可承兑的票据外,我们还贴现某些贸易,商业票据以及某些贸易可承兑票据。

  The discount rate depends on the terms of the bill,the amount ,the reputation of the drawee and the reputation of the drawer.

  但是贴现率取决于票据的期限、金额、付款人和开票人的声誉。

  B:Why does it depend on drawer's reputation or financial status?

  商人:为什么贴现率要取决于开票人的声誉和财政状况呢?

  C:Well,we discount most bills on a full-recoures basis .Should the bill be dishonoured upon presentation ,

  职员:噢,我们是在一个完全有追索权的基础上对大多数的票据贴现的。如果出示的票据被拒付,

  it would be returned on recourse to the drawer.

  那么票据就退回给开票人,以追索款项。

  B:I see ...Is it difficult to handle the paperwork? I'm not sure just what I should do .

  商人:我明白了。办理票据手续难办吗?我不太清楚我应该做些什么。

  C;Well,the best thing is to come in and talk with our discount officer .

  职员:最好的办法是到银行来,同我们这里负责贴现的高级职员谈谈,

  He can give you all the information you need.

  他会告诉你所需要知道的一切信息。

422497