学习啦>学习英语>英语阅读>英语美文欣赏>

初中英语美文赏读精选

时间: 韦彦867 分享

  映潮在他的《阅读教学艺术50讲》中特别提出 美文美教的概念:美文必须美教,这是不容置疑的。下面是学习啦小编带来的初中英语美文赏读,欢迎阅读!

  初中英语美文赏读精选

  麦克法兰经典片段

  They don't get up at dawn like you and go to work in the fields, right?

  他们不像你们一般清晨起来就去场上训练。

  They don't go to school all day and then go back to those same fields.

  他们不会每天都去上学然后又回到训练场。

  That's what you do.

  那是你们才做的。

  And then you come out with me and you run 8 miles, 10 miles, you take on.

  然后你们跟着我每天跑8里路,10里路,这是你们承担的。

  You take on even more pain.

  你们还要承担更多的痛苦。

  These kids don't do what you do. They can't even imagine it.

  那些孩子做不来你们做的事情。他们连想都不敢想。

  When I went out in that field that day with you Diaz kids, I'll be honest with you or so.

  当那天我和你们迪亚斯的孩子来这个场地的时候,我跟你们说实话。

  It's the worst day's work I've ever had to do in my life.

  那真是我一生中最糟糕的工作。

  And I said to myself, whatever kind of crappy job I end up in, it'll never be as tough as that.

  我对自己说,不管我最后做了什么烂工作,都不会比那更难了。

  You kids do it every day.

  你们却每天都如此。

  And your parents hope they can do it everyday, and they'll do it for a lifetime if it means a better life for you.

  你们的父母希望他们也可以每天如此,他们愿意一生都如此,只要那意味着你们会有更好的生活。

  You guys are superhuman.

  你们就是超人。

  What you endured is just to be here to give a shot at this, the kind of privilege someone like me takes for granted.

  你们付出了那么多只为能到这里一试身手,这是像我这样的人视为理所当然的权利。

  There is nothing you can't do with that kind of strength, with that kind of heart.

  拥有那样的力量和胸怀,你们没有什么做不到。

  You kids have the biggest hearts I've ever seen!

  我从没见过像你们这样拥有如此大勇气的孩子!

  初中英语美文赏读阅读

  左手利益,右手道德

  It was Bob Diamond, recently of Barclays, who defined business culture as "how peoplebehave when no one is watching." Speaking in a lecture sponsored by the Today programmelast year, he declared that business corporations like Barclays had to learn how to be bettercitizens. Leaving on one side the irony of all this, what is remarkable is not that he said it, butthat so many other people are saying it too. Open any edition of the Harvard Business Reviewor look in the comment pages of the Financial Times, and there it is. "What is wrong with theculture of business and how do we put it right?" they're all asking each other.

  近来,巴克莱银行的鲍勃?戴蒙德把企业文化形容成“在无人注意时做出的举动”。去年,他在由“今日”节目主办的演讲中称,像巴克莱银行这样的商业公司必须学会如何成为更好的公民。不去讨论他说出此话有多么讽刺,让人惊讶的不是他说了这句话,而是许多人也都这么说。翻开任一版本的《哈佛商业评论》或者浏览《金融时报》的评论网页,这句话随处可见。“企业文化到底出了什么问题,该如何改正?”人们纷纷询问彼此。

  The Labour MP Jon Cruddas quoted with approval a theologian last year who'd said that ourbasic choice was between a neoliberal and a neo-Aristotelian view of the good society. Neoliberalmeans relying on the free market and the pursuit of self-interest as the driving force, not justin business but in life. We are familiar enough with that. But what about Aristotle, where doeshe come in? The memory of this ancient Greek philosopher is invoked whenever people talkabout virtue and good citizenship, for it is to him primarily that we owe our notions of how weshould behave when no one is watching. We should, he said, behave virtuously, and heclassified virtue under four headings, the so-called cardinal virtues. They are, in whateverorder you like, justice, prudence, temperance and courage. These, said Aristotle, were thepersonal qualities that ancient Athenians needed, in order to be good citizens of democraticAthens to make it work. The many people who are saying that the internal culture of businessbadly needs reform of its values to make it work, are really talking about the Aristotelianvirtues, or something like them. How you behave when nobody's watching depends on qualitiesof character, acquired by good example and by practice.

  去年,工党议员乔恩·克鲁达斯引用了他所赞成的一位神学家的言论:我们最根本是要在新自由主义的优质社会和新亚里斯多德主义的优质社会中做出选择。新自由主义意味着依靠自由市场,不仅在商业中,还在生活中把追逐个人利益作为驱动力。这已为我们所熟知。而亚里斯多德有何由来呢?每当人们谈论美德和优秀公民素养时,我们就会想起这位古代希腊哲学家,因为他最关注的就是当无人注意时人们缺少该如何言行的概念。他提倡为人正直,并把美德分为了四个标题,即所谓的基本美德。它们是坚忍 正义、审慎、节制与勇气(排序不分先后)。亚里斯多德说这些是古代雅典人必须具备的品格,这样才能成为一个良好的公民,使民主政体的雅典发展下去。许多人都说企业亟需改革内在文化价值观才能继续运作,他们正是在谈论亚里斯多德式的美德,或者和它类似的东西。当无人留意时,你的行为取决于你通过学习和实践所获得的品质。

  One place where these ideas are being systematically thought through, is in what is calledCatholic Social Teaching. Business people are slowly becoming more aware of it, including peoplewho do not normally look towards Rome for anything. It provides, so to speak, the theoreticalbasis for a ready-made architecture of virtue. And it says a business culture based on virtuewould strive towards serving the common good rather than just self-interest, and would evenwork better. As well as Aristotle, it owes a lot to the philosopher Thomas Aquinas, whoChristianised the four cardinal virtues by adding three more: faith, hope and charity. Can thebottom line of successful modern business be humanised by taking all these virtues into itsculture, rather than just profit and the maximising of shareholder value? An increasing numberof people seem to think it has no alternative.

  天主教社会教学对这些思想进行了系统性的思考。商业人士开始慢慢注意到了它,包括一些不去借鉴任何经验的人。这门课程可以说提供了一个即成的道德建筑的理论基础。以道德为基础的企业文化会努力去为大众谋求福祉,还不仅只是为了一已私利。这样的企业会更加成功。不仅是亚里士多德,哲学家托马斯·阿奎那也为这一理论做了不少贡献。他把四项基本美德加上信、望、爱,做为____所信奉的美德。成功的现代企业能不再一味谋利、不断增加股东价值,而是把这些美德全部加入自身文化,使其更加人性化吗?越来越多的人认为现代企业要想成功,它们就别无选择。

  初中英语美文赏读学习

  热爱生活

  However mean your life is, meet it and live it;

  不管你的生活如何卑微,你都要正视它,生活下去;

  do not shun it and call it hard names.

  不要逃避生活,也不要恶语相加。

  It is not so bad as you are.

  你的生活不像你自己想象得那么槽糕。

  It looks poorest when you are richest.

  当你最富有的时候,生活看上去反倒是最贫穷的。

  The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.

  故意挑毛病的人即使在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。

  Love your life, poor as it is.

  虽然生活清贫,但你要对生活付出热情。

  You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house.

  即便身处贫民院,你也可能会分享到一段快乐、激动、灿烂的时光。

  The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the richman's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.

  西下的落日洒在贫民院窗户上的光芒,与照在富贵人家豪宅上的一样光彩夺目;到了早春的时候,门前的积雪同样会融化。

  I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, asin a palace.

  我唯一能看到的是:一个心态平静的人在那里可以心满意足地生活,怀着乐观向上的思想,仿佛居住在皇宫里一般。

  The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.

  在我看来,城镇贫民的生活反倒常常是最独立的。

  Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.

  也许他们很伟大,可以坦然地对待世间的事情。

  Most think that they are above being supported by the town;

  大部分人对于城镇的恩惠不屑一顾,

  but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, whichshould be more disreputable.

  可在现实生活中,他们维持生活的手段反而经常是不诚实的,这让他们更为声名狼藉。

  Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.

  像圣贤一样,如同培育花园中的花草一样来培育贫困吧。

  Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends.

  没必要不辞辛苦地去获取新东西,不管是衣服还是朋友。

  Turn the old, return to them.

  让旧的翻新,回到它们的怀抱。

  Things do not change; we change.

  世间万物不会变化,变的是我们。

  Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.

  卖掉衣服时,你要保留自己的思想。

1484831