学习啦 > 学习英语 > 英语口语 >

常用的日常英语情景口语

时间: 诗盈1200 分享

  不管是在地铁上,还是在家里,或是洗衣做饭,睡前等等,把握好时间空档,可以多听原声录音,国外政客的演讲录音就非常不错,抑扬顿挫非常地道且富有激情,今天小编就给大家来分享英语口语,仅供参考哦

  Life in the Artic 北极圈的生活

  Todd: So, Abidemi, you were talking about living with the Inuits in Northern Canada. What were some things that they do differently, like for example food or games or traditions?

  托德:阿比德米,你说过你在加拿大北部和因纽特人一起生活过。他们的生活有什么不同?比如,他们的食物、游戏或传统有什么不同之处?

  Abidemi: Food was a big thing that was different there. They eat a lot of meat, I could say, if I can say that from the sea, so because they're surrounded by the sea, they have access to a lot of food from there. They eat beluga, seal, whales. Anything that's found in the sea I think they basically eat it, and they eat just about all the parts of the animal, so that was quite interesting.

  阿比德米:食物是最大的不同。他们吃很多肉,如果可以这样说的话,他们吃很多海洋动物,因为他们环海,他们能从海里获得很多食物。他们吃白鲸、海豹、鲸鱼等。我认为,凡是在海里能找到的食物,他们都吃,他们会把动物身上所有的部分都吃掉,那真的很不可思议。

  Todd: That's so interesting. What does it taste like, seal and whale?

  托德:那太不可思议了。那海豹和鲸鱼的味道如何?

  Abidemi: Very ...?

  阿比德米:非常……

  Todd: Is it cooked?

  托德:是经过烹饪后食用吧?

  Abidemi: Sometimes they cook it, yeah. They also freeze it. They have different ways of preparing it. Sometimes to do eat it raw. They say that is the best way to eat it to get the most amount of energy from it, and sometimes they freeze it, and they eat it frozen. They eat a lot of fish, frozen fish like that. Attic char - delicious, and sometimes they boil it, but I don't think that's their preferred method of eating it. One thing to note is that the younger generation, they seem to prefer more the meat - beef - and the meat that more of everybody eats now, whereas the older generation, of course, they still prefer their traditional way of cooking and eating. Also, they eat caribou, like land animals, caribou, rabbit and one or two other animals that I can't remember.

  阿比德米:有时他们会烹制一下。他们还会把这些动物的肉冻起来。他们有很多种食用方法。有时他们直接生吃。他们认为那是最佳食用方法,这样可以得到最多的能量,有时他们会把肉冻起来,吃冷冻的肉。他们经常吃冻鱼。红点鲑鱼非常好吃,有时他们会煮着吃,不过我认为他们并不喜欢煮着吃。值得注意的一件事是,年轻一代似乎更喜欢人们常吃的肉,比如牛肉,而老一辈人依然喜欢传统的烹饪方法和饮食。另外,他们还吃北美驯鹿、兔子等陆地动物,可能还有其他动物,不过我不记得了。

  Todd: Now did you try all these foods?

  托德:那些食物你都尝过吗?

  Abidemi: I tried as many as I could. I love eating, and if everyone else is eating it, I'll eat it too, so I try them all. I have my, the ones I like more, but I didn't find anything disgusting. I enjoyed it.

  阿比德米:我尽量去尝试。我喜欢美食,如果其他人吃,那我也会吃,所以那些我都吃过。我有偏爱的食物,不过没有我认为恶心的食物。我很享受。

  Todd: That's so cool. Did you learn how to prepare it or cook some of it?

  托德:那太酷了。你学会如何准备或烹饪那些食物了吗?

  Abidemi: No. I'm laughing because I'm not a huge cook anywhere, so I just do the eating and cleaning up.

  阿比德米:没有。我笑的意思是,无论在哪里,我都不擅长烹饪,所以我只负责吃和清洁。

  Todd: Yeah, OK cool. You mentioned that they played some games. They have their own style of games. Do you remember any games that they play?

  托德:好,真酷。你之前提到过他们玩的一些游戏。他们有自己的游戏方式。你还记得他们玩的游戏吗?

  Abidemi: They have games, where one was like wrestling. They have a lot of body contact games where they would wrestle on the ground, or you had to hold up your leg a certain way for how many minutes, just really games that had to deal with strength and endurance is what I would say, and then they played a lot of games using dice where you would win prizes. I think a lot of these things were designed for the long winter months, so they could stay indoors and still keep themselves entertained, and because in those days, in the past they didn't have TV or have the kind of entertainment, Internet, which they do have there now, so they have a lot of games that they still try to play sometimes to keep them entertained. And music is a large part of their life too. A lot of people play different instruments and they square dance. They're really good dancers. They can dance all night, so that was fun as well.

  阿比德米:他们有一种很像摔跤的游戏。他们有很多需要身体接触的游戏,比如在地上摔跤,或者在特定时间内让腿保持某种姿势,他们的游戏需要力量和耐力,他们还有很多要用到骰子的游戏,这些游戏可以赢得奖品。我认为这些游戏都是为了度过漫长冬季而设计的,这样他们就能在冬季待在室内,让自己享受放松和娱乐,因为以前他们没有电视或其他娱乐活动,也没有网络,当然现在他们也能上网了,所以他们要准备很多游戏,让自己享受娱乐时光。音乐在他们的生活中发挥了很大的作用。许多人会演奏不同的乐器,他们还会跳方块舞。他们的舞跳得非常好。他们可以一整夜都跳舞,那也很有趣。

  Todd: Oh wow, sounds like a great place.

  托德:哇哦,听起来真是个不错的地方。

  Abidemi: Yes, it was.

  阿比德米:对,没错。

  Todd: So do they have their own type of instruments? Their own traditional instruments?

  托德:那他们有自己的乐器吗?他们有传统乐器吗?

  Abidemi: I would say no. The instruments that I saw were more things that had been brought up to them, for example the fiddle, guitar, stuff like that. Thinking back on it now, maybe there were one or two things that they had made, but I didn't feel like, I can't really remember the name. I didn't really remember the names, so.

  阿比德米:我想应该没有。我看到的乐器都是其他人带给他们的,比如小提琴、吉他等等。回想一下,也许有一两种乐器是他们自己制造的,不过我不记得那些乐器的名字了。我不记得了。

  Todd: Nice, anyway, thanks for sharing.

  托德:好,没关系,谢谢你的分享。

  Abidemi: My pleasure.

  阿比德米:这是我的荣幸。

  Out of Country 出国

  Doron: So Pernais, Jamaica's quite a small country, right?

  多伦:佩纳斯,牙买加是一个非常小的国家,对吧?

  Pernais: It is.

  佩纳斯:没错。

  Doron: What's the population? Not exactly, just more or less.

  多伦:牙买加有多少人口?不用准确数字,差不多就行。

  Pernais: 2.7 million

  佩纳斯:270万。

  Doron: Okay, that's pretty small. Do you have a problem with people leaving, like for university or of to get better jobs going to other countries?

  多伦:好,那太少了。那牙买加有没有很多人离开,比如去其他国家留学或寻找更好的工作?

  Pernais: Yes, a lot of people leave, but I don't know if it's so much a problem because Jamaicans have been migrating for decades now. A lot of people don't know that half of the Jamaican population actually lives outside of Jamaica.

  佩纳斯:有,许多人都离开了牙买加,不过我不知道这算不算严重的问题,因为数十年来牙买加人一直在移民。许多人都不知道,其实牙买加有一半人口生活在其他国家。

  Doron: Half?

  多伦:一半?

  Pernais: Yes.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: So that means there's like 5.4 million Jamaicans?

  多伦:这意味着牙买加实际上有540万人?

  Pernais: Yes.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: And only half of them live in Jamaica?

  多伦:只有一半人生活在牙买加国内?

  Pernais: Yes. Possibly.

  佩纳斯:对,大概是。

  Doron: Where do they usually go?

  多伦:那他们通常会去哪些国家?

  Pernais: Most Jamaicans that migrate go to America.

  佩纳斯:大多数牙买加人会移民到美国。

  Doron: 'Cause it's so close.

  多伦:因为非常近。

  Pernais: Yes. And because they have family members there. Maybe. And other people go to Canada and the U.K., for example.

  佩纳斯:对。而且他们有家人在美国。可能是这样。其他牙买加人会移民去加拿大和英国。

  Doron: Do you get a lot of immigration? Do you get many people moving to Jamaica to live from other places?

  多伦:那移民到牙买加的人多吗?从其他国家移居到牙买加的人多不多?

  Pernais: Recently, there has been an increase in that. People coming from other Caribbean islands, especially with the situation, the economic situation in Haiti these days. A lot of Haitians actually come over to Jamaica to find work, and, you know, to... just to, just for a better life, really.

  佩纳斯:最近移民到牙买加的人有所增加。基本上都是来自其他加勒比岛国的人,尤其是最近海地的经济情况令人堪忧。许多海地人来牙买加找工作,只是为了过更好的生活。

  Doron: Is it very close?

  多伦:牙买加离海地近吗?

  Pernais: It is very close. It is quite close.

  佩纳斯:非常近。很近。

  Doron: How do they usually get to Jamaica?

  多伦:他们通常怎么去牙买加?

  Pernais: By boat.

  佩纳斯:坐船。

  Doron: So...

  多伦:那……

  Pernais: Which is quite dangerous, but...

  佩纳斯:那非常危险,不过……

  Doron: Yeah, I hear a lot of it in history the last couple of decades of boat people, right? But you don't often hear about Haitian boat people. Usually people getting in boats and trying to get to the States, right?

  多伦:对,我听说过去几十年来有很多乘船出逃的难民,对吧?不过倒是不常听到从海地乘船出逃的难民。通常人们都会尝试坐船偷渡到美国去,对吧?

  Pernais: Yes. But I guess Jamaica's closer, so they go for Jamaica.

  佩纳斯:对。不过我想牙买加离得更近,所以他们选择去牙买加。

  Doron: Yeah. What kind of jobs do people go for when they get to Jamaica?

  多伦:好。那他们抵达牙买加以后通常会找什么样的工作?

  Pernais: Well, a lot of them end up working in bars and restaurants, and... yeah, just jobs like that.

  佩纳斯:许多人会在酒吧和餐厅工作,基本上就是这种工作。

  Doron: I guess there's a lot of tourists in Jamaica?

  多伦:我想有很多人去牙买加旅游吧?

  Pernais: There are quite a lot of tourists.

  佩纳斯:来牙买加旅游的人很多。

  Doron: So there must be a lot of jobs in the tourism industry.

  多伦:那旅游业一定有很多工作岗位。

  Pernais: Yes. Always.

  佩纳斯:对,一直有。

  Brain Drain 人才流失

  Doron: In England I don't think we have much of a problem with brain drain, but I think we have, like an internal problem maybe, like all of the best jobs, or at least the best paying jobs, seem to be in London. So like, a lot of people have to move to London if they want to do the job they're interested in, and it just makes London really crowded and expensive because everybody has to live there, it seems.

  多伦:我认为我们英国没有什么人才流失的问题,不过我们有内部问题,比如所有的好工作或至少是工资高的工作看起来都在伦敦。所以,如果人们想做感兴趣的工作,他们就会搬去伦敦,这样一来伦敦就变得非常拥挤,而且物价昂贵,因为所有人都要在那里生活。

  Pernais: Sounds like Kingston.

  佩纳斯:听起来和金斯敦很像。

  Doron: Really?

  多伦:是吗?

  Pernais: Yes.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: Everybody moves to Kingston?

  多伦:在牙买加,所有人都会搬去金斯敦吗?

  Pernais: Everybody's moving from rural areas to Kingston.

  佩纳斯:所有人都从乡村地区搬去金斯敦。

  Doron: What's the population of Kingston now, do you know?

  多伦:你知道金斯敦现在有多少人口吗?

  Pernais: I think it's about a half a million.

  佩纳斯:我想大概有50万人。

  Doron: Half a million. And was it much smaller before?

  多伦:50万。以前人口要少很多吗?

  Pernais: I think it was because a lot of people lived out in the countryside, because farming was very profitable, maybe, some decades ago. But now that, you know, technology is changing everything, people want, like, office jobs and they want to earn more, so lots of people actually move into the city areas now.

  佩纳斯:我想是的,因为以前有许多人生活在乡村,大约几十年前,务农能挣很多钱。不过现在,科技改变了一切,人们想做办公室工作,想挣更多钱,所以许多人搬到城市去了。

  Doron: Yeah, I think technology in the near future might actually help to stop that because you can pretty much do most jobs online from anywhere. It's like, personally, I wouldn't want to live in London. I'd rather live somewhere a little more rural, more peaceful, cheaper, and be able to do my job online. So maybe that's something that'll change in the near future.

  多伦:对,我认为在不久的将来,科技可能有助于改变这种情况,因为无论你在任何地方,大部分工作都可以在网上做。就我个人来说,我不想在伦敦生活。我更想在乡村生活,在更宁静、物价更便宜的地方生活,我可以在网上做工作。那可能是不久的将来会发生的改变。

  Pernais: Hopefully.

  佩纳斯:希望如此。

  Doron: Are you from Kingston?

  多伦:你来自金斯敦吗?

  Pernais: I am.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: Are you actually from the middle of Kingston? I remember you have a town with a really cool name, right?

  多伦:你来自金斯敦市中心?我记得有一个城镇有一个很酷的名字,对吧?

  Pernais: I'm not from the middle of Kingston. I'm from... just outside city center.

  佩纳斯:我不是来自金斯敦市中心。我来自市中心外的郊区。

  Doron: How far outside city center?

  多伦:离市中心有多远?

  Pernais: 8 miles from Kingston.

  佩纳斯:离金斯敦大约有8英里。

  Doron: And what's the name of your hometown.

  多伦:你家乡是哪里?

  Pernais: My hometown is called Bull Bay.

  佩纳斯:我的家乡是公牛湾。

  Doron: Bull Bay?

  多伦:公牛湾?

  Pernais: Yes.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: I thought it was called "8 miles from Kingston".

  多伦:我以为是“离金斯敦8英里”。

  Pernais: Sometimes they call it that.

  佩纳斯:有时他们也这么叫。

  Doron: Were you kidding me when you said that?

  多伦:你这么说是在和我开玩笑吗?

  Pernais: No, the bigger part of it is called Bull Bay and then that's subdivided into 8 miles, 9 miles, 7 miles.

  佩纳斯:没有,统称为公牛湾,不过可以细分为8英里、9英里和7英里。

  Doron: So place names outside of Kingston are actually named after how far they are from Kingston.

  多伦:金斯敦郊区的名字是以它们和金斯敦的距离命名的。

  Pernais: Yes.

  佩纳斯:对。

  Doron: That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard. I live 8 miles from Kingston. Where do you live? I live in 12 miles from London. That's a great name.

  多伦:那是我听过的最酷的事情之一。我生活在离金斯敦8英里处。你住在哪里?我住在离伦敦12英里处。那是个不错的名字。

  Pernais: Or sometimes it's shortened to 8 miles.

  佩纳斯:有时可以简称为8英里。

  Doron: Wow. Like in Detroit. Maybe that's what it means, in the movie.

  多伦:哇哦。就像底特律一样。也许在电影里就是那个意思。


常用的日常英语情景口语相关文章:

1.常用实用英语情景对话:Lunch Meeting 午餐会

2.英语情景对话

3.日常英语口语对话场景

4.关于日常购物英语对话精选

5.日常英语口语对话短文

4171047